If you or your children need orthodontic work, you might be interested to learn about Invisalign. More people are choosing Invisalign in Peterborough because -in most cases- it provides a much more pleasant experience than traditional braces, while still bringing the same level of corrective
At Dr. Christopher Moore and Associates, we get a lot of questions about Invisalign, so here are some of the things people most commonly ask about.
Answering Your Top Four Questions About Invisalign In Peterborough
1 – How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom-molded retainers, which can be slipped on and off of the teeth. Every retainer is designed to move the teeth just a little bit. Then, every couple of weeks the patient gets a new retainer which moves their teeth just a little bit more until their teeth are corrected over time.
2 – What are the main benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign has three main benefits:
- The retainers are made of clear plastic, so they aren’t easily noticed by other people.
- Because the retainers are removable, they don’t interfere with your lifestyle or diet.
- Invisalign is much less uncomfortable than other orthodontics.
3 – Is Invisalign painful?
They are by far the least painful option in orthodontics that is currently available. Most patients report only mild pressure or slight soreness. Plus, since there’s no metal in your mouth, that means they won’t hurt your tongue, gums, or lips like regular braces can.
4 – Are there certain people that Invisalign isn’t suitable for?
Broadly speaking – and keeping in mind that every patient is different – there are two situations where Invisalign isn’t the right answer:
- Severe misalignment. Invisalign is best in situations where the orthodontic issues are mild-to-moderate. The more severe the problem, the more likely it is that affixed braces will be needed.
- Unmotivated patients. Because the Invisalign retainer can be removed at will, a patient can self-sabotage their own care. Some people may need braces if they won’t use the retainer properly.
Need Invisalign In Peterborough? Call Dr. Moore!
Our clinic has been rated a Top Dentist by FindATopDoc.com for two years in a row! Please contact us to schedule an Invisalign consultation.